Monday, October 14, 2013
Pleased to answer questions on your current MediCARE Health plan coverage during 2013's Oct. 15 to Dec. 7 Open Enrollment for 2014.
You can gain by enrolling in a Medicare Advantage (MA), which is a MediCARE Part C plan:
• MA plans are available from private medical insurance companies, which have a yearly contract with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and receive a fixed monthly payment for each person who enrolls.
• Companies offering Medicare Advantage in Connecticut provide at least the same or more benefits than in original MediCARE including more extensive preventive care.
• Some MA plans have no monthly premium and some charge a premium.
• Individuals in a MA plan receive their medical treatment through the companies network of providers and most also include coverage for Part D prescription expenses. This makes them a MAPD plan and are the most common.
• MAPD plans have co-pays for physician visits, emergency room visits, outpatient surgery, and for a certain number of days if hospitalized. This co-pay cost sharing is limited since the plan's include an annual maximum out of pocket (MOP).
• MA plans are usually more economical than buying a MediGap plan plus a Part D plan. Thus, they are of interest to many individuals.
Surveys of people close to 65 tell us more than 50% are confused about Medicare and only about 10% understand Medicare's Part C!
I would like to - Ask you to call (860) 451-9793 - today if you are interested in increasing your understanding. We can meet for a no cost to you conversation.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment