MediCare sets the rules for what is called the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), It is not the Open Enrollment Period (OEP) which does not start until January. Some points on the rules:
● This year the AEP runs from October 1, 2018, to December 7, 2018.
● Individuals enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan or a stand-alone Prescription Drug Plan have an opportunity during the AEP to change options within their current company or to select a new plan from another company.
● Companies have to send information to everyone enrolled in one of their plans on by October 1st. The notice is called an Annual Notice of Change (ANOC).
● Companies are allowed to make information about their 2019 coverage options and monthly cost available starting October 1st.
● Want to make a change or enroll with a new company? Change or new plan enrollments cannot be submitted until Oct 15th.
Have questions about a Medicare Advantage plan? This page has general information on how they work.
Have questions about enrolling in MediCare? There is an overview on this page.
Want to understand the Medicare Advantage options in New London County?
The rules say I can not directly contact individuals but if you Call or Text me on Oct 1st or after - that’s OK.
John C Parker's Google Voice line is (860) 451-9793 - contact to set up a no-obligation meeting to discuss the value of Medicare Advantage Plans.
John C Parker, RHU, LTCP